"Adventure: the pursuit of life." - Daniel Roy Wiarda

"Adventure: the pursuit of life."

-Daniel Roy Wiarda

Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Promised Land

Because I don't have time to write a proper post about my first two days in England, I'll just give you some background information. I have wanted to go to England forever. Well, since I was ten, but that feels like forever. It all started when I read The Hobbit, and then Harry Potter came along and that was the end of that. Since then, many of my interests have formed themselves around Britain, so that I can safely call myself an anglophile--literature, history, literature, landscape, literature, film... you get the gist. So now, thanks to Dickinson and my amazing family, I'm living the dream and spending the year in search of Shakespeare, Tolkien, the Brontes, Jane Austen (and Mr. Darcy), Robin Hood, King Arthur, and, of course, Harry Potter and company. More to follow soon! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment