"Adventure: the pursuit of life." - Daniel Roy Wiarda

"Adventure: the pursuit of life."

-Daniel Roy Wiarda

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Weekly Wander

As an aspiring travel writer who also happens to have a 9-5 office job (well, internship. I call it a job to make myself feel better), it can be easy to feel like I'm not actually going anywhere sometimes. How am I supposed to write about travel if I'm not really travelling anywhere? That's when I have to remind myself of two things: 1. I live in a pretty awesome city and exploring it on the weekends actually is travelling, at least in my view; and 2. I have had the opportunity to see some really cool places in the travelling that I have done. In that spirit, I've decided to highlight one photograph a week from my travels past and present. So, without further ado, here's my first weekly wander.

Pigeons like sculpture, too - getting up close and personal with Rodin's "Burghers of Calais" in the Hirshorn Sculpture Garden, Washington, D.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment